Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

To all you moms and moms to be out there...enjoy your day!! I'll be talking to my parents in a little bit to wish my own mommy a happy Mother's Day!!

Last night swing dancing was even more fun than last week. I felt much more comfortable since I had met some people the week before...and after class last night we had open dancing for about an hour or so...I was out there on the dance floor for quite some time!! I lovvvve dancing...it is so much fun, and dancing with men who know how to lead is the best!! I have a bad tendency to want to lead when I am dancing, ut when I have a partner who knows what he is doing it is so easy to follow along. My friend Alex told me that one of the guys I danced with said I am a natural born dancer...haha. It was so much fun and a great way to meet people!! Korean people are so beautiful, and for some reason I have a special attraction to Korean men in thick, dark rimmed glasses. And let me tell you...a swing dancing class is not lacking in that area!! Unfortunately I dont think I'll be able to go for the next two weeks at least...but I hope I can catch right up when I go back!

This morning I went to church for a special Parent's Day sermon..several people from the congregation stood up and talked about their parents. It was such an emotional service! There is one Filipina woman who has lived here for 12 years....TWELVE years!! and she hasn't seen her kids in all that time. Well her daughter emailed a letter to our pastor, writing about her mother and sent a slideshow of pictures. I was bawling by the end of it, as were a few others I think!! After the sermon I went up and gave that lady a big hug. Through my tears I was able to choke out, I can't believe you haven't seen your children in 12 years, I've been gone five months and miss my parents to much!! Especially now with a new baby on the way I am really missing my family a lot...you all know how awesome our family is...and as I get older it gets harder and harder to be away from them for long periods of time!

After church we went to Little Manila...basically an area where lots of Filipinos gather on Sundays to sell food and goods from the Philippines. We went and enjoyed some chicken, rice and fried bananas...and San Miguel of course!! There were also some eggs that had been boiled...with a baby chick inside. I snapped a few pics before my friends slurped them down...but no way was I about to eat a full baby chicken!!

After I got back this afternoon I took a walk around the Lake Park with my friend Molly...during the summer they have a daily fountain/light show, so we stopped to watch that. Her parents were visiting here and just left today. Another quick weekend and it's back to school tomorrow again. Whew...the time is passing so quickly here!!! Makes me think about how someday I'll have to actually decide what it is I want to do with my life...

Arite I'm off again. Have a happy week everyone!! Stay classy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment