Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mudfest and Joyous reunions!!

Last weekend was mudfest in Boryeong, a city on the coast of Korea. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but mannnnn was it fun! We arrived around noon, checked into our hotel, and set out for-a festival of mud. I'm talking mud slides, mud wrestling, mud obstacle courses, anything mud related you could ever imagine! There was a large group of us from Dongbaek, and we had a blast getting muddy, washing off in the ocean, then gettin muddy again. It was great. A bunch of people went out that nite too, but I was dead asleep by about 8pm. The next morning was beautiful, and we went back to the festival for a few hours of sun before heading back home. i came home with about 100 cuts, scrapes, bruises and broken nails (not to mention the mud that is still coming out of my nose!) but it was by far one of my best weekends in Korea thus far!

After Mudfest, the next two days went slowly as I awaited the arrival of Elena and DJ, I never thought the day would come! But alas, here they are, passed out in my house at 9pm on Wed nite... I got to the airport about an hour early, and was so anxious that I almost drove myself crazy...but then there they were, walking through the gate! Of course I burst into tears at the sight of my beautiful baby sister, and hugged them both to death. We boarded a bus back to Dongbaek, dropped some stuff off, then Elena and I took a walk around the lake park and then met some friends for dinner. DJ was out the minute we opened my door, but what else is to be expected after a 14 hour flight? I'm sure they'll both be wide awake at 4am tomorrow, but I'll make em stay in bed until at least eight! We have a lot of fun things planned for the next few days, and then it's off to Thailand!

I hope everyone else is as extremely happy as I am at this moment in time...nothing like a little piece of home to warm the heart!! Updates after Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment